[asterisk-users] PJSIP and Kamailio without registration

Chirag Desai djchillerz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 16:23:27 CDT 2015

Hi,

I want to have Kamailio in front of one or more Asterisk boxes.

I don't think it is necessary for Kamailio and Asterisk to register with
one another. I'd like for PJSIP to recognise Kamailio by its IP address.

I have two boxes, both have public IP addresses, they also have private IP
addresses and can communicate with each other.

I have a Snom phone accessing Kamailio via its public IP address.

Kamailio sends traffic to asterisk on the private IPs.

Doing an ngrep on 5061 (where I have tcp and udp set up for pjsip) I can
see Kamailio sending traffic to the Asterisk box, however in the console I
see no activity. I have verbose and debug set to 10, and pjsip set logger
on.

I'm a bit stumped, I've tried everything I could think of, even configuring
everything to work on the public IP, but no luck.

Here's my PJSIP conf:

[kamailio]
type=endpoint
transport=transport-udp
context=from_kamailio
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=g722
allow=ulaw
aors=kamailio
direct_media=no
rtp_symmetric=no
force_rport=no
rewrite_contact=no

[kamailio]
type=identify
endpoint=kamailio
match=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (removed kamailios private IP)

[kamailio-mars]
type=aor
contact=sip:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060 (removed kamailios private IP).

My end goal is for all my phones to register to Kamailio. Kamailio should
pass calls (even for local phones) to Asterisk.

Thanks in advance for your help.