[asterisk-users] Variable variables

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Tue Jun 16 10:07:05 CDT 2015

On Tue, 16 Jun 2015, Ishfaq Malik wrote:

> Can asterisk handle asterisk variable variables?
>
> For example:
>
> If I were to set
>
> FOO300=BAR111
>
> and I had something in a dialplan like:
>
> _3XX,1,NoOp(${FOO${EXTEN}})
>
> And the user had entered 300, it would output BAR111

Yes.

1) Rather than relying on the 'side effect' of the noop() application, you
should use the application specifically designed for the purpose of
outputting to the console, verbose().

2) You could have had your answer in 2 minutes instead of 2 hours if you
had just tried it yourself.

--
Thanks in advance,