[asterisk-users] Calling multiple phones at ones

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Mon Jun 15 02:55:19 CDT 2015

On Monday 15 Jun 2015, Ivan Demkovitch wrote:
> Hello group!
>
> I’m new to Asterisk but got one running finally :)
>
> Now I’m trying to solve following problem. I have company Automated
> Attendant and each employee have SIP phone at home, SIP phone in office,
> cell phone.
>
> I want all those 3 phones to be “one”. So, if someone calls our company
> number and dials my extension - I’d like 3 phones to ring at the same
> time.
>
> What is this feature and where should I look for samples, etc? I’m going by
> “Asterisk: The definite guide” book and pretty confident with those
> concepts described but not sure how to achieve what I described above.
>
> Thank you,
> Ivan

You can ring multiple phones with a single Dial() statement, separating them
with "and" signs:  Dial(TECH1/EXT1&TECH2/EXT2&TECH3/EXT3& .....)

Suppose my desk phone at work is SIP/403, my desk phone at home  (which, by
cunning use of VPN, actually appears on an address in the Company Intranet)
is SIP/703  and my mobile is 07xxxxxx726.  Then in the dialplan, I would have
something like

exten => 403,1,NoOp(Trying three different ways to call AJS)
exten => 403,2,Dial(SIP/403&SIP/703&${GSM_GW}/07xxxxxx726,60)
exten => 403,3,VoiceMail(403,u)
exten => 403,4,Hangup()

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .