[asterisk-users] small homebrew pbx

lucio at sulweb.org lucio at sulweb.org
Mon Jun 15 01:46:13 CDT 2015

Hello all,

I'm new here and I'm interested in building a small PBX with asterisk at
home. I have one single PSTN line and ethernet cabling in place. I
already have fairly decent PC that I can use (AMD FX 8350 16GB of RAM
and RAID 10 SATA disks). I make and receive 10 calls a day on average. I
want 4 IP phones connected to the ethernet network. When there is a
incoming call, all phones must ring and the first that takes the call
makes the others stop ringing, but lets them available for internal
calls.

Given the requirements above, what's a cheap but working PCIe card / USB
adapter I could buy for this kind of PBX? Do I need things like echo
cancellation? Do I need FXS ports?

Thanks in advance,
Lucio.