[asterisk-users] Allowing calls - maybe I'm just stupid...

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Thu Jun 11 03:43:44 CDT 2015

Zitat von Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>:

> So, trying to bind authentication to originate calls to registrations is
> conceptually wrong in the SIP world. Maybe you can do that but that's
> not the way the protocols have been engineered to work.

Hi Guido,

thanks for your answer.

Well, I decided to do that, since I have my Asterisk reachable from
Internet just for my cellphone and I want to avoid that someone guess
my password (random and long, but it's of course possible to guess
with a brute force attack) and call using my Asterisk...

Since I'll use rarely my Asterisk from Internet (maybe just if I'm in
holiday), I find this limitation meaningful.

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)