[asterisk-users] Connecting peer if the peer is already connected

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Wed Jun 10 02:42:29 CDT 2015

Zitat von A J Stiles <asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk>:

> On Tuesday 09 Jun 2015, Luca Bertoncello wrote:
>
>> Now, I tried to register the user of my cellphone using a PC, as my
>> cellphone was already registered.
>> And Asterisk accepted this registration... :(
>
> Did you actually reboot the server, as opposed to simply reloading your
> firewall configuration and stopping and restarting asterisk?  I've known some
> moderate to severe weirdnesses that seemed to be caused by the kernel
> remembering out-of-date routing details.

Well, I'm not sure...
But I can't remember to have configured somewhat for "accept more
registration"...
Reading an Answer in this list a couple of day ago, I thought, it is
not allowed per default...

>> Unfortunately, I didn't found any option to restrict this try...
>> How can I do it? And, very important, how can I trigger an event
>> (Shell-Script) if someone tries to register as a peer, that is already
>> registered or if the login was NOT successful, or even if my cellphone
>> successfully registered (for example, to send me an E-Mail)?
>
> Take a look at fail2ban.  It monitors log files for error messages,
> and can add
> firewall rules to disconnect IP addresses involved in suspicious activity.

This will not work, since the Firewall is NOT on the Server running
Asterisk...

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)