[asterisk-users] Connecting peer if the peer is already connected

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Wed Jun 10 02:36:06 CDT 2015

On Tuesday 09 Jun 2015, Luca Bertoncello wrote:

> Now, I tried to register the user of my cellphone using a PC, as my
> cellphone was already registered.
> And Asterisk accepted this registration... :(

Did you actually reboot the server, as opposed to simply reloading your
firewall configuration and stopping and restarting asterisk?  I've known some
moderate to severe weirdnesses that seemed to be caused by the kernel
remembering out-of-date routing details.

(I'm sure there is a simple command that will flush and rebuild the kernel's
routing information without needing the big red switch, but that was nearer
.....)

> Unfortunately, I didn't found any option to restrict this try...
> How can I do it? And, very important, how can I trigger an event
> (Shell-Script) if someone tries to register as a peer, that is already
> registered or if the login was NOT successful, or even if my cellphone
> successfully registered (for example, to send me an E-Mail)?

Take a look at fail2ban.  It monitors log files for error messages, and can add
firewall rules to disconnect IP addresses involved in suspicious activity.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .