[asterisk-users] Find out or log negotiated codec for SIP channel?

Rusty Newton rnewton at digium.com
Tue Jun 9 09:17:00 CDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 5:58 AM, Tony Mountifield <tony at softins.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi, despite some searching I haven't found an answer to this question:
>
> Is there a way I can see in the log, or find out in the dialplan, what
> codec has been negotiated for a SIP channel? If possible, I'd like to
> do this in both Asterisk 11 and in an old 1.2 system.
>
> What I'm specifically trying to do is to determine historically the
> usage of the G.729 licences installed in a system, but an answer to
> the more general question would be useful.
>
> Thanks
> Tony
> --
> Tony Mountifield
> Work: tony at softins.co.uk - http://www.softins.co.uk
> Play: tony at mountifield.org - http://tony.mountifield.org

I believe  "core show channel <channel name>" or "sip show channel <channel
name>" may help you.

>From a log standpoint - there should be information on the codecs
negotiated when you enable the DEBUG logger channel.

You probably want to read through the logging documentation on the wiki.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Logging
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Collecting+Debug+Information

Thanks,

--

Rusty Newton
Digium, Inc. | Community Support Manager445 Jan Davis Drive NW -