[asterisk-users] Find out or log negotiated codec for SIP channel?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.co.uk
Thu Jun 4 05:58:04 CDT 2015

Hi, despite some searching I haven't found an answer to this question:

Is there a way I can see in the log, or find out in the dialplan, what
codec has been negotiated for a SIP channel? If possible, I'd like to
do this in both Asterisk 11 and in an old 1.2 system.

What I'm specifically trying to do is to determine historically the
usage of the G.729 licences installed in a system, but an answer to
the more general question would be useful.

Thanks
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield