[asterisk-users] How to invoke a binary file from the dial plan?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Tue Jun 2 15:20:52 CDT 2015

Hi everyone.

I'm new with Asterisk and I have to create a dial plan that will invoke a binary code. That is, asterisk will execute a program in the same machine. How to do it?

Let me explain what I have to do:

In the project that I am currently working, there is smartphones, SIP servers and doors/gates to be unlocked remotely. When the user executes an application on his/her phone, it will presents a button to unlock a remote gate or door.
By  pressing such button, the application will send a SIP INVITE to the SIP server (Asterisk). In this moment, a existing dial plan should call an executable hosted in the current machine. In this case I need to know how to program my extensions.conf to let Asterisk invoke another software to me.
The another software is the one responsible for unlocking a gate or door.

So, how to codify my extensions.conf in order to make Asterisk invoke another software?
Is another better way (idea) to implement my project using Asterisk and SIP? If so, comment, please!

Any hint will be very helpful!

Best regards.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center