[asterisk-users] Queues don't follow dialplan if no members are registered

Andrew Martin amartin at xes-inc.com
Tue Jul 28 11:58:51 CDT 2015

Hello,

I am running Asterisk 11 on CentOS 6.x. I have configured several queues as
follows in extensions.conf:
exten => s,1,Queue(myqueue,rtnC,18)
same => n,Background(user_unavail)
same => n,WaitExten(10)
exten => 1,1,Voicemail(1111 at my-vm,s)

This rings the phones in the queue for 18 seconds. If no queue members answer,
the caller is then prompted to press 1 and leave a voicemail. This works well
when at least 1 member is registered in the queue, however if no members are
registered in the queue, the Queue() call never seems to return, and thus the
remaining steps in the dialplan never execute. How can I correct this behavior
so that even if the queue has no registered members, the dialplan is still
followed?

Thanks,

Andrew