[asterisk-users] Problem "no voice"

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Jul 16 07:09:15 CDT 2015

On Wednesday 15 Jul 2015, Luca Bertoncello wrote:
> But it seems, that I found the problem, adding:
>
> disallow=all
> allow=g729
>
> to the configuration of the peer for this number...

You need the following;

disallow=all
allow=alaw

in the configuration for *every* device.  There is literally no point using any
other codec for calls which will be connected to the PSTN; because the PSTN
itself uses a-law, and probably will force *you* to do the transcoding your
end, as punishment for daring to be different.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .