[asterisk-users] Dell portability

Scott Griepentrog sgriepentrog at digium.com
Wed Jul 1 13:44:46 CDT 2015

Try turning off BUILD_NATIVE in menuselect.  This will eliminate
optimizations for the processor you last compiled on, which prevents
crashes due to instructions not present on a different processor.  This is
frequently necessary when using in virtual environments.

In cli form:  # menuselect/menuselect --disable BUILD_NATIVE

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 1:36 PM, Jeff LaCoursiere <jeff at jeff.net> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I built an LXC container with an "image" of asterisk 11.18 precompiled and
> installed.  It runs fine on the dev platform, which is a Dell R320 running
> Ubuntu 14.04LTS.  I shutdown the container, tarred it up, and untarred on a
> Dell PE1850, also running Ubuntu 14.04LTS.  The container itself is Ubuntu
> 14.04LTS.  Both platforms as far as I know are amd64.
>
> The container boots fine on the 1850, but trying to run asterisk
> segfaults.  The source tree was still in the container, so I just did a
> make clean; make; make install.  It now runs fine.
>
> Is there some compile flag I could use to make sure it is more
> "compatible" as I copy the container around?  Can anyone suggest a debug
> sequence that would at least narrow down what is causing the fault?
>
> Cheers,

> --

[image: Digium logo]
Scott Griepentrog
Digium, Inc · Software Developer
445 Jan Davis Drive NW · Huntsville, AL 35806 · US
direct/fax: +1 256 428 6239 · mobile: +1 256 580 6090
Check us out at: http://digium.com · http://asterisk.org