[asterisk-users] Dell portability

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Wed Jul 1 13:36:40 CDT 2015

Howdy,

I built an LXC container with an "image" of asterisk 11.18 precompiled
and installed.  It runs fine on the dev platform, which is a Dell R320
running Ubuntu 14.04LTS.  I shutdown the container, tarred it up, and
untarred on a Dell PE1850, also running Ubuntu 14.04LTS.  The container
itself is Ubuntu 14.04LTS.  Both platforms as far as I know are amd64.

The container boots fine on the 1850, but trying to run asterisk
segfaults.  The source tree was still in the container, so I just did a
make clean; make; make install.  It now runs fine.

Is there some compile flag I could use to make sure it is more
"compatible" as I copy the container around?  Can anyone suggest a debug
sequence that would at least narrow down what is causing the fault?

Cheers,