[asterisk-users] situation with ivr and four-channel gateway

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Feb 26 10:45:01 CST 2015

On Wednesday 25 Feb 2015, ricky gutierrez wrote:
> I have a gw  wiht 4 port gsm , my provider gives me 4 lines and one of
> them is the main , the problem is that all my incoming calls using
> this number and is always busy , and the other three are always free,
> it is possible that the call is transferred to another channel?
>
> Channel 1 : XXXXXXX1 "Main Number"
> Channel 2 : XXXXXXX2 "other"
> Channel 3 : XXXXXXX3 "other"
> Channel 4 : XXXXXXX4 "other"

You just need to use call groups.

In your chan_extra.conf  (if it's an OpenVox)  or chan_dahdi.conf, add
something like
  group=1
to the definition for each span.

Now in the  [globals]  section of your dialplah, have something like
  MOBILE=EXTRA/r1
for an OpenVox card, or
  MOBILE=DAHDI/r1
for other makes.  Now you need your Dial() statements to be something like
  Dial(${MOBILE}/${EXTEN},180

Calls will then be made by trying each span in turn until an available one is
found.  So if you have an incoming call on span 1, Asterisk will try spans 2,
3 and 4 in turn before giving up.  It also will remember which span it used
last, and start with the next one next time; so the calls should be
distributed roughly evenly across your SIMs.

For more information about this  (and some other modes you can use which do
slightly different things than "r"),  see
  http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+ZAP+channels
(yes, it refers to Zaptel; but the syntax is the same for DAHDI and EXTRA
channels).

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .