[asterisk-users] LAN sip-to-sip

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Mon Feb 16 15:12:04 CST 2015

It looks as if that is more of a question/issue with your router, rather than Asterisk.

I have SIP devices working on my LAN, all hardwired, and have no need to open any ports or have the router address SIP in any way
My switch is not managed, and the router ports on the LAN side are all unmanaged, just a huge Ethernet "wirenut"
You SHOULD be able to communicate between devices on the LAN without any firewall issue.
I have also found with some routers that the DMZ isn't what one expects, and can get in the way, depending on the firware.
Does this router have any SIP ALG setting? turn it off!
As an aside, I would caution you to not have SIP 5060 exposed to the public Internet, or you will soon regret it.

I am sure others will have much better information though

John Novack

--

Dog is my Co-pilot