[asterisk-users] BlindXfer Sensitivity

Andrew Colin andrew at vsave.co.za
Mon Feb 16 10:13:37 CST 2015

The strange thing is its only sometimes my dial string is as follows

exten => s,1, Dial (SIP/200,, tT)

For that particular route but obviously s,3 as have Ringing () first etc.
After she pushes ## 6 times it will go thru sometimes.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

> We have a client running on a polycom vvx400 IP phone on our
> asterisk 1.8.18 system
>
> The issue we have is the switchboard lady uses ## to transfer calls
> but sometimes it just does not work and just plays the DTMF tone to
> the calling party.
>
> Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the blindxfer feature?
>
> The polycom Transfer button is useless  as there is a big delay
> until it apprears
>
> I would greatly appreciate any advice

It seems weird that this would be some kind of sensitivity to the DTMF tones. The first thing I would look for is on a call that she cannot blind transfer, check how the Dial command was used to reach her. Does it have the proper use of the tT options (depending on whether she called them or they called her)? I would almost bet there is a call path that occurs which doesn't have the proper options set to allow the transfer.