[asterisk-users] Question regarding custom announcements used by several Asterisk servers

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 04:03:25 CST 2015

On 6 February 2015 at 07:54, Olli Heiskanen <ohjelmistoarkkitehti at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Got a question regarding custom announcements in Asterisk.
>
> My goal is to allow my users record their own queue announcements and
> choose which announcements they want to use in each queue. I have several
> Asterisk servers and a Kamailio server which dispatches call traffic
> between the Asterisks. Question is, is it possible to have something like a
> NSF disk shared between several asterisk servers and store custom
> announcements there, where all Asterisks would use them? I expect to have
> to place the files under whatever I configure in asterisk.conf.
> Additionally, can I place the announcements in subfolders under that
> directory and in my realtime queue table use values something like
> '/subfldr/myannouncement'?
>
> Keep up the good work!
>
> cheers,
> Olli
>
> --

Hi

All of that is possible and is exactly what we do, both for customer sounds
and for call recordings. Just make sure you have resilience in your shared
storage device.

Alternatively, you could use something like Puppet to deploy the files to
all the servers.

--

Ishfaq Malik
Department: VOIP Support
e: ish at pack-net.co.uk
w: http://www.pack-net.co.uk

Registered Address: PACKNET LIMITED, Duplex 2, Ducie House
37 Ducie Street
Manchester, M1 2JW
COMPANY REG NO. 04920552