[asterisk-users] constantly increasing load in Asterisk 11.14 (Sebastian Damm)

Stefan Viljoen viljoens at verishare.co.za
Fri Feb 6 00:37:25 CST 2015

Have you considered doing a daily reboot?

In our shop (about 14 sites, busiest doing about 90 000 calls per day) we
found it best to reboot each Asterisk instance at 23:45 - we're still
running an ancient version (1.8.0.11).

Once this regime was instituted our major Asterisk issues stopped,
especially load-related issues linked to uptime.

Note that we do not just restart the Asterisk process, we reboot the entire
machine. We're running on bare-metal on Centos 6.5.

Maybe you can try doing that, if at all practical? Our business needs
fortunately this side is telecoms are only requires 08:00 - 17:00...

Regards

Stefan

Message: 2