[asterisk-users] constantly increasing load in Asterisk 11.14

Scott Griepentrog sgriepentrog at digium.com
Thu Feb 5 09:56:33 CST 2015

Can you tell me if the memory usage by Asterisk is also increasing with
load over time?

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 4:53 AM, Sebastian Damm <damm at sipgate.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have quite a few Asterisk machines running and try to keep them on a
> current version of the Asterisk 11 branch. But since we upgraded to 11.14.0
> a couple weeks ago, we have to restart the Asterisk process every week
> because the load gets too high and our monitoring complains.
>
> Those machines are doing only SIP-to-SIP call relay, the dialplan is quite
> complex, transcoding is done only on a few percent of the calls processed.
> During the daytime, there are at max around 200 SIP channels (100 calls)
> running at the same time. After one week, one machine has processed about
> 170k calls.
>
> I have uploaded a comparison of cacti load graphs for one week of a
> machine running with 11.14.0 and one running with 11.6.0:
> http://pbrd.co/1v0SO3R
>
> As you can see, after a restart, both machines have about the same load.
> But after the really quiet weekend, the 11.14 Asterisk starts the new week
> with a much higer load than the 11.6 Asterisk, where it stays constant.
> We've had an 11.5.1 machine running for about half a year without the need
> of restarting, but right now, this is not possible.
>
> Has anyone seen this before? Or does anyone know a reason, what change
> somewhere between 11.6 and 11.14 could cause this behaviour? It looks like
> we have to go back to 11.6.
>
> Best Regards,
> Sebastian
>
> --

[image: Digium logo]
Scott Griepentrog
Digium, Inc · Software Developer
445 Jan Davis Drive NW · Huntsville, AL 35806 · US
direct/fax: +1 256 428 6239 · mobile: +1 256 580 6090
Check us out at: http://digium.com · http://asterisk.org