[asterisk-users] constantly increasing load in Asterisk 11.14

Thu Feb 5 05:52:19 CST 2015

On 05/02/15 10:53, Sebastian Damm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have quite a few Asterisk machines running and try to keep them on
> a current version of the Asterisk 11 branch. But since we upgraded to
> 11.14.0 a couple weeks ago, we have to restart the Asterisk process
> every week because the load gets too high and our monitoring complains.
>
> Those machines are doing only SIP-to-SIP call relay, the dialplan is
> quite complex, transcoding is done only on a few percent of the calls
> processed. During the daytime, there are at max around 200 SIP
> channels (100 calls) running at the same time. After one week, one
> machine has processed about 170k calls.
>
> I have uploaded a comparison of cacti load graphs for one week of a
> machine running with 11.14.0 and one running with 11.6.0:
> http://pbrd.co/1v0SO3R
>
> As you can see, after a restart, both machines have about the same
> load. But after the really quiet weekend, the 11.14 Asterisk starts
> the new week with a much higer load than the 11.6 Asterisk, where it
> stays constant. We've had an 11.5.1 machine running for about half a
> year without the need of restarting, but right now, this is not possible.
>
> Has anyone seen this before? Or does anyone know a reason, what change
> somewhere between 11.6 and 11.14 could cause this behaviour? It looks
> like we have to go back to 11.6.

We see it in the certified version which is currently 11.6. We have
about 50% higher call volume on our servers than yourselves and it does
take about 3-4 months for the load to reach about 5. I don't know what
causes it but we take the servers out of our load balancing and restart
asterisk every few months and this returns the load to normal.