[asterisk-users] IAX2 trunk with on demand Internet link

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Mon Feb 2 03:07:09 CST 2015

On Monday 02 Feb 2015, spartan1833 at hushmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I'm connecting 2 Asterisk servers with an IAX2 trunk. Trunk works
> fine in testing, no problems there but the Internet at server-A is an
> "on-demand" system that is based on the amount of http/https traffic
> going through it (or if the link is brought up manually/via scripting
> interface). As such there will be times that the link is
> down....workflow-wise this is not an issue (trunk for a specific
> purpose) but are there any issues with how IAX2 will behave?
> Specifically, when the link comes up will the IAX2 trunk reconnect
> automatically? If so, how long will it take for the trunk to reconnect
> (high-speed, low-latency link)? If it won't come up reliably, does
> anyone have suggestions on methods to force an IAX2 reload, etc.?

It should all just work fine.  We have two machines linked by an IAX2 trunk,
one of which is a bit temperamental and keeps needing rebooting -- but it
works fine, just coming up as and when it needs to.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .