[asterisk-users] chan_dahdi.c: Don't know what to do with frame type '10'

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Fri Apr 17 08:45:47 CDT 2015

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 05:05:41PM +0400, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I see large enough amount of such messages on one of our asterisks.
> There are no complains from users, so I may be they are harmless.
> Could you tell me what can it be?
>
> Thank you!

Frame type '10' is a CNG (Comfort Noise Generation) frame. This is a
frame that, instead of carrying audio, carries a command to for the
receiver to generate "comfort noise" for a length of time to the
local user.

chan_dahdi is not currently capable of generating comfort noise in
response to receiving one of these frames.

I think it's safe to ignore them.  Alternatively, if the comfort
noise packets are generated from SIP endpoints that you have control
over, you could see if there are any options to disable generation
of those frames.

--
Shaun Ruffell
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer