[asterisk-users] how to make voip client cannot use same username?

rafa alfurqan rafa.alfurqan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 22:27:18 CDT 2014

hi,

anyone seen this?

actually this is my sip.conf file
[1002]
type = friend
context = test
username = 1002
secret = 12345
host = dynamic

if i want to make my client register to server with matching on username
instead of ip address, so the username is used just for 1 client how could
i do that?

if i change the host (dynamic into the ip) and the type (friend) is still
the same. in my voip client is unregistered (however i still could make a
call but can't be called). but if the type i changed into peer, my voip
client is still unregistered (i couldn't make a call and can't be called).
so what i have to configured in my sip.conf and extensions.conf files?

thanks in advance.
rafa