[asterisk-users] how to make voip client cannot use same username?

rafa alfurqan rafa.alfurqan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 10:51:38 CDT 2014

Hi All,

I have one asterisks server and 3 client (i'm using voip sip client for my
handphone).
I've configured sip.conf and extension.conf with 3 user different. And
nothing wrong with them, i could make them to make a call too.

what i want to ask is, i was try to use 1 user (ex:1001) in 2 different
client.
example:
client 1 (1001) make a call to client 2 (1002) --> ok
then in client 3, i used (1001) same username with client 1. when client 1
is connecting with client 2, my client 3 could make a call to with client 2
(1002) with the same username in client 1.

how i could make the system, so i cannot use with 1 username in 2 different
client before i make a call (when registering process in voip client), or
at least my voip client cannot use same username if that username is
connected with the other user?

any help will help me a lot.
thanks in advance.

rafa