[asterisk-users] How to append the recording file.

Anurag Rana anuragrana31189 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 00:54:34 CDT 2014

Hi All,

I am trying to record the call using MixMonitor.
exten=>_XXXX,n,MixMonitor(${EXTEN}.wav,b)

What i want to do is-
when first time a call is made to some number say 1100, a new file
(1100.wav) is created.
When call is made 2nd or 3rd time, no new file is created instead call
recording is appended to file created in above step.

Now I know that 'a' option is used to append the recording to a file but I
couldn't find any example on how to use it?
Also if I use 'a' option and file doesn't exist then is it created or it is
error?

Any suggestions please?

Anurag Rana
http://newbie42.blogspot.in/