[asterisk-users] Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Asterisk and ISDN Cologne Chip

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Sep 23 09:52:00 CDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 11:30:41AM +0200, Claudio ML wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I am searching to make work an Asterisk, with an ISDN card with Cologne
> Chipset.
>
> Here is the lspci:
>
> 01:09.0 Network controller: Cologne Chip Designs GmbH ISDN network
> controller [HFC-PCI] (rev 02)
>         Subsystem: Cologne Chip Designs GmbH ISDN Board
>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 16, IRQ 5
>         I/O ports at c400 [size=8]
>         Memory at fdefd000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
>         Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 1
>
> I think i need the zaphfc module to make it work, but it is not included
> into the dahdi package, and i cant find it. The command dahdi_hardware
> says this:
>
> dahdi_hardware
> pci:0000:01:09.0     zaphfc-      1397:2bd0 HFC-S ISDN BRI card
>
> But, how i can install the zaphfc module?

The Debian (and Ubuntu) packages of dahdi-source / dahdi-dkms should
include zaphfc. I'm not really sure how well it works.

The code is maintained in a forked git tree of external drivers which I
sort-of maintain (that is: make sure that they build when someone
complains. I can't really test them). I'd love to see someone else
properly maintaining that (or better: getting those drivers merged in
the tree. But that's off-topic for this thread).

https://gitorious.org/dahdi-extra/

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com