[asterisk-users] Install Asterisk 1.4 and Asterisk 12.4 on the same machine

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Mon Sep 22 11:25:28 CDT 2014

On 9/22/14, 5:03 AM, Deepak Rawat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a server with asterisk 1.4. We are upgrading to asterisk 12.4.
> Is there a way to install 12.4 on the same machine? At any point we
> will only run either 1.4 or 12.4.

     The answer is that you can but you really shloud not as it
complicates lots of things.  You can install both versions and run them
at the same time as long as you pick different ports for all services
like SIP, IAX, AMI, RTP, etc.  Not using default ports will mean that
you have to modify all configurations for each endpoint you want to
connect to the secondary Asterisk.

     If you only want to try out Asterisk 12 why not use a Virtual
Machine for testing?

Carlos Chávez
+52 (55)9116-91161