[asterisk-users] Asterisk 11.9.0 PRI no ring indications

Noah Engelberth nengelberth at team-meta.net
Thu Sep 18 09:29:21 CDT 2014

Have you checked your /etc/asterisk/indications.conf file?  I know I had a couple systems where I tried to be minimalist with the config files I used, and forgot to bring the indications.conf over from the samples -- the symptom those times was that the caller (inbound, outbound, or extension to extension) wouldn't hear any ringing tone while the call was ringing at the other end.

At the CLI, you can use "indication show" to list all loaded indication types, and "indication show <zone>" to see the details about a specific one.  I can't remember/find the way to display in CLI what the currently loaded default indication zone is, though there should be a line in the indications.conf file at a minimum.

Thank you,

Noah Engelberth
System Administration
MetaLINK Technologies