[asterisk-users] GSM to GSM call with callerid passthrough

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Wed Sep 17 05:21:09 CDT 2014

On Wednesday 17 Sep 2014, Rizwan H Qureshi wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have a GSM to VoIP gateway (specifically yeaster TG400) which I am trying
> to use for kind of a call intercept between two GSM users. Call comes
> through one SIM and goes out through another Sim with our Asterisk in
> between to log the call. This works fine but we need the original callerid
> to pass-through through the outgoing SIM.
>
> I have tried every possible configuration on Asterisk that I know of but
> does not work. At the moment the callerid is always of the SIM we use to
> send the call out from. Has anyone tried this before? I need this very
> badly.
>

> Thanks

Unfortunately, when it comes to setting caller ID, you are basically at the
mercy of the telco -- they can choose whether to allow it or not.  Obviously
your telco aren't allowing you to set it, so you get the default ident for
your SIM whatever you try to set.

Best suggestion:  Try asking nicely; but good luck with finding someone at any
mobile telecommunications company who even understands what you are talking
about.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .