[asterisk-users] Failover / modifying response time

Stephen More stephen.more at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 13:39:38 CDT 2014

I have two real time asterisk boxes configured to accept incoming or
outgoing calls at any time.

All the users are configured to send their calls to primary. If primary is
down calls will go to backup.
All incoming SIP calls should be sent to primary. If primary is down
incoming calls will go to backup.

99.9% of the time it works as designed.

Every once in a while my SIP provider will send a sip call to our backup.
primary is working fine. When asked they responded with "it's possible
primary didn't respond fast enough so backup grabbed it. You should lower
the response time on primary and raise it on backup"

What setting is he referring to ? Can I tweak a setting to make our backup
server respond slower so that the primary answers the call ?

-Thanks