[asterisk-users] Asterisk 12 Dialplan

Murthy Gandikota mgandikota at nts.net
Fri Oct 31 12:59:24 CDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Matthew
Jordan
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:37 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Asterisk 12 Dialplan

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 1:21 PM, Murthy Gandikota <mgandikota at nts.net>
wrote:
> I am happy to report that

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+12+Applications+REST
+API
> has the answer to my dilemma. It seems an app has to subscribe to
channel
> events before it can receive the events like ChannelVarset...

That's correct. You are only implicitly subscribed to channels that
are in the Stasis application your websocket is for (in your case,
'hello-world'). Otherwise, you have to subscribe to various event
sources through the applications resource.

The "Introduction to ARI and Channels" page on the wiki has more on this
here:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Introduction+to+ARI+and+Chann
els#IntroductiontoARIandChannels-ChannelsinaStasisApplication

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager

Thank you, Matt. I am still at loss to know how to generate a
StatusEvent. The AMI connnections had a StatusEvent that was used thus
in Java:

StatusAction statusAction = new StatusAction();
statusAction.setVariables(vars);
managerConnection.sendAction(statusAction);

The response to the StatusAction was in the form of events for each of
the channels, along with a map of variables requested as a comma
separated list in the "vars".