[asterisk-users] Asterisk 12 Dialplan

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Wed Oct 29 13:36:37 CDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 1:21 PM, Murthy Gandikota <mgandikota at nts.net> wrote:
> I am happy to report that
> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+12+Applications+REST+API
> has the answer to my dilemma. It seems an app has to subscribe to channel
> events before it can receive the events like ChannelVarset...

That's correct. You are only implicitly subscribed to channels that
are in the Stasis application your websocket is for (in your case,
'hello-world'). Otherwise, you have to subscribe to various event
sources through the applications resource.

The "Introduction to ARI and Channels" page on the wiki has more on this here:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Introduction+to+ARI+and+Channels#IntroductiontoARIandChannels-ChannelsinaStasisApplication

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager