[asterisk-users] PlayTones while in call

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 11:13:58 CDT 2014

Henry,

Both Montior and MixMonitor have a 'B' option that plays a periodic tone.

B([interval]): Play a periodic beep while this call is being recorded.
        interval - Interval, in seconds. Default is 15.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+Application_Monitor
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+Application_MixMonitor

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 8:26 AM, Henry Fernandes <henry at usinternet.com>
wrote:

> I’ve gotten PlayTones to work, however it stops playing the tones as soon
> as the call is answered.  I would like to use PlayTones during the call
> because I want to have a tone/beep played in the background while call
> recording is going on.
>
> Anyone know a way to get PlayTones to work while call is in progress?
>
> Alternatively, does anyone have a suggestion for playing the tone/beep for
> recorded calls.
> -H
>
> --

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein