[asterisk-users] PBX hacked: why hundred of calls to the same number ?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Oct 2 08:40:43 CDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 02, 2014 at 07:52:34AM +0200, Rainer Piper wrote:

> Is the destination Number like Country Code +972?
>
> +972 59 xxxxxx(x) mobile - Jawall [moving to 7-digit subscriber numbers]
>
> source - http://www.wtng.info/wtng-972-il.html

That page is slightly dated. +972 59 XXXXXXX are all the numbers in the
Palestinian Authority (there are several providers besides Jawall).

> My SIP Proxy logs all the unauth. INVITEs and I found the a lot
> calls go to the Country code +972 xxxxxxxxxxx

As a resident of +972 (+972-4), I'll just note that those hack attempts
are typically related to PA numbers (+972-59) as rates there are higher.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com