[asterisk-users] High resident memory with 11.14.0 ?

James Lamanna jlamanna at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 09:53:59 CST 2014

Hi,
I have an Asterisk server that's been running now for around 2 days.
I've noticed that the resident memory seems to be very high for its current
call load:

                        18321 asterisk  20   0 8050m 5.2g 6968 S   13 66.2
363:11.80 asterisk

$ asterisk -rx "core show channels"

24 active channels

12 active calls

25216 calls processed

This server has a bunch of IAXModems hooked up to it and is mainly used as
a Fax gateway to hylafax. Is this normal? 5.2Gig of memory used after 2
days with only 12 currently active calls?

I am not using any realtime peers.

There are 100 registered SIP peers on this server as well.

Thanks.

-- James