[asterisk-users] Upgraded to 13 and now "Mailbox" is empty in sip show peers

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 03:15:37 CST 2014

On Thursday 20 Nov 2014, Jayson Baker wrote:
> Mailbox continues to be missing most times.  Touching (or rm'ing) the file
> in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail does nothing until a "core restart now"
> then as soon as the phone registers the light is sync'ed.   MySQL or CURL,
> doesn't matter, anything realtime.  Seems so odd to have this issue on 6
> installations, 3 different versions, and nobody knows.  We've even stripped
> it down barebones, loading only about 7 modules and clean config files.

It's not clear from your descriptions; but if you have at least one machine
where it's working properly, then you need to work out what is different
between that "working" and your "non-working" installations.

The fact of it not responding to realtime changes certainly suggests a
misconfiguration somewhere; one or more modules is not expecting things to
change, and so picking up on it when they do.  So the question now becomes:
What is the minimum you need to do, to persuade your Asterisk to accept the
new configuration?

"core restart now" is a pretty big sledgehammer to be using to crack the nut
of a configuration file not being reread.  Try "core reload" or even "voicemail
reload".  And then once you've found the module whose config you need to reload
explicitly, that is where the misconfiguration most probably resides.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .