[asterisk-users] sslv3 alert handshake failure error

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 11:20:59 CST 2014

>   == Problem setting up ssl connection: error:14094410:SSL
> routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure
> [Nov  2 21:20:05] WARNING[3571]: tcptls.c:673 handle_tcptls_connection: FILE
> * open failed!
It sounds like SSLv3 is being used by one of the endpoints.

SSLv3 is broken. Its been known broken for about 10 years. Its been
"more" broken recently (???). It should not have been used previous to
POODLE, and it should not be used now.

And don't use that crap UA's came up with (TLS_FALLBACK_SCSV). Always
advertise the protocols you are willing to accept, and don't fallback
to insecure protocols.

My protocol selections are TLS 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2. I allow TLS 1.0 for
interoperability, but I'd like to bury it too. If you control the
server and the clients, then you should be able to safely kill-off TLS
1.0 since interop is not a concern.

Jeff