[asterisk-users] CLI command to see if SRTP is active?

Rusty Newton rnewton at digium.com
Mon Mar 31 13:26:21 CDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 7:39 PM, Patrick Laimbock <patrick at laimbock.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've setup TLS/SRTP with Asterisk 11.8.1 and wonder if there is a CLI
> command to see if SRTP is active on a channel/call. I went through sip show
> ... and core show channel... and did not see any mentioning of SRTP while
> there is an SRTP call active.

I don't have any encrypted calls up in front of me at this second to
provide an example, however if you are just wanting to verify SRTP is
active for a call you will see SRTP related messages on the CLI if you
turn up DEBUG message verbosity and have it going to the console, or
else possibly with output from "rtp set debug on".

As for the "show channels" type commands, it may say something about
encryption rather than "SRTP" directly. I'll take a look later if I
get a chance.

--
Rusty Newton
Digium, Inc. | Community Support Manager