[asterisk-users] AMD with analog lines - DIALSTATUS empty

Administrator TOOTAI admin at tootai.net
Fri Mar 28 04:01:11 CDT 2014

Hello,

I would like to use AMD on outgoing calls using analog line. I tested
with SPA3102 and cisco2811 as gw and asterisk 1.8.26.1 as well as 11.8.1
Other end is analog number behind another cisco/asterisk, also tested
calling a mobile number with the same result.

What I did: dial is done like exten => s,n,Dial(SIP/<IP gw>/<dialed
number>,,M(myMacro)), which tell Asterisk to execute myMacro when the
call is answered by calling party.

[myMacro]

exten => s,1,NoOP(Executed when call is answered)
  same => n,AMD()
  same => n,NoOp(Dial status=${DIALSTATUS})
  same => n,NoOp(AMD status=${AMDSTATUS} cause=${AMDCAUSE})
  same => n,MacroExit()

Problem is that [myMacro] is executed as soon as the call is going out
from the gw (cisco or linksys) and before called party answered.
DIALSTATUS is empty (should be ANSWER), AMDSTATUS=NOTSURE and
AMDCAUSE=TOOLONG-5000 which seems OK as DIALSTATUS isn't reliable.

The same dialplan using a SIP trunk is working as expected.

So question is, why, when using analog line, I dont get the right behavior.

Thanks for any hint

--
Daniel