[asterisk-users] Strange dropped calls

Scott Griepentrog sgriepentrog at digium.com
Wed Mar 26 11:49:08 CDT 2014

I would suggest starting with a packet capture of the SIP messages that
will include both call legs (i.e. capture at the Asterisk box).  This
should tell you who initiated the hangup - the carrier side, the phone
side, or Asterisk.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 11:46 AM, Mike Diehl <mdiehlenator at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a user who is reporting dropped calls at his site.  We don't have
> any other users complaining of this.
>
> So far, this is what we know:
>
> 1.  The manager bought all new Polycom phones. (POE)
>
> 2.  They replaced the network switch with a POE version.
>
> 3.  It's not just one or two of the phones that have problems.
>
> 4.  It doesn't matter if they use the headset or the cordless set.
>
> 5.  The ISP reports a very clean circuit.  (Ethernet from the CLEC.)
>
> 6.  We don't see their phones become unavailable very often.
>
> 7.  They are the only site that seems to be having trouble.
>
> So, where else can/should I look?
>
> Mike.
>
> --

[image: Digium logo]
Scott Griepentrog
Digium, Inc · Software Developer
445 Jan Davis Drive NW · Huntsville, AL 35806 · US
direct/fax: +1 256 428 6239 · mobile: +1 317 507 4029
Check us out at: http://digium.com · http://asterisk.org