[asterisk-users] Numbers hackers call

Steven Howes steve-lists at geekinter.net
Wed Mar 26 11:44:43 CDT 2014

On 26 Mar 2014, at 16:20, Michelle Dupuis <mdupuis at ocg.ca> wrote:

> If this is to 972 area code then the next digits should be 0X or 0XX but they are not.  This differs from what I found documented for that area code - I thought someone from the region might add to the discussion.  Not sure if this reflected a premium service etc.  (But someone jumped in with an explanation)

I never mentioned the 972 area code. It’s a country code - and as others have said it’s been mapped to a Palestinian mobile network. I’ve added this to my  bar list - I’ve seen quite a lot of toll fraud to Palestine (and the middle east in general in recent months). If you’re referring to country code, then the 0 of the local number is dropped when dialled internationally, see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_Israel

> I'm guessing you have nothing to add to the discussion?

Think what you will.

Steve