[asterisk-users] Duplicate incoming channel into two outgoing channels

Wed Mar 26 04:50:42 CDT 2014

Hi!

I have strange requirement: a incoming call should be duplicated to two
outgoing calls (to two voice recorders). On the incoming channel we only
receive RTP, on the two outgoing channel we only send RTP.

I thought of:

incoming call
    -> originate: make outgoing call to recorder 1 and put the channel
into a confBridge
    -> originate: make outgoing call to recorder 2 and put the channel
into the same confBridge
    -> put the incoming channel into the same confBridge (as Admin,
terminate conference when admin leaves)

To optimize the conference processing I would configure the outgoing
channels to "listen only". This should lower CPU usage.

Of course I need also some extra logic to periodically check if the
outgoing channels still exists and if not, recreate the outgoing channels.

Is somebody aware of a nicer solution for the problem?

Thanks
Klaus