[asterisk-users] Billing number vs. CallerID number | Asterisk 11.5.1

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Mar 17 21:35:13 CDT 2014

Gateway computers rejects calls like this.  I was informed that their
carrier rejects the calls because they cannot accurately bill.

It seems pretty silly with voip and number portability.

Thanks,
Steve T

On Mar 17, 2014 5:19 PM, "Eric Wieling" <EWieling at nyigc.com> wrote:

> Often it is P-Asserted-ID, but depends on the carrier.  You should be
asking your carrier how to do this.   Be careful, if the carrier doesn't
like your CID spoofing they might bill the call to a default number on the
account.

> I suspect it is the destination which is rejecting the call because toll
free numbers are not considered valid, not your carrier rejecting the call.

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Positively Optimistic
> Sent: Monday, March 17, 2014 4:47 PM
> To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
> Subject: [asterisk-users] Billing number vs. CallerID number | Asterisk
11.5.1

> In a multi-tenant environment, we are sending various CallerIDs outbound
from asterisk based on who the user is.  We have an insurance agency who
would like to present a toll free callerid.  This works..  unless they're
calling a toll free number.  In that case, occasionally, the call fails.
 However, should we send a correctly formatted npanxx of a local number,
the call completes.

> We have been advised that we can send the billing telephone number as a
separate header and the call will complete, all-the-while, presenting the
toll free number as the caller id.