[asterisk-users] Billing number vs. CallerID number | Asterisk 11.5.1

Jim Lucas lists at cmsws.com
Mon Mar 17 16:19:34 CDT 2014

On 03/17/2014 01:56 PM, Eric Wieling wrote:
> Often it is P-Asserted-ID, but depends on the carrier.  You should be asking your carrier how to do this.   Be careful, if the carrier doesn't like your CID spoofing they might bill the call to a default number on the account.

Speaking as a carrier that allows this, we require the P-Asserted-Identity
field.  This is the example of a header that we insert with our SBC:

P-Asserted-Identity: <sip:2325551212 at 1.2.3.4>

The phone number is the identifying marker to tell our Metaswitch the needed
information to associate the call to the correct object for billing and call
restriction purposes.

The IP is the internal IP of our Metaswitch.  It is the internal IP due to our
MetaSwitch being behind our kamailio SBC.

> I suspect it is the destination which is rejecting the call because toll free numbers are not considered valid, not your carrier rejecting the call.

As a carrier, I have never seen a case where a call (inbound or outbound) was
rejected because the received caller ID string contained a toll free number.
For me, as long as it passes the number validation step, we are good.  And a
toll free number looks like any other NAMPA number.

--
Jim Lucas

http://www.cmsws.com/
http://www.cmsws.com/examples/