[asterisk-users] Asterisk 12 - 100rel (Prack) no 100rel Require in responses

JULIAN RUSSELL j.p.russell at btinternet.com
Sat Mar 1 13:20:11 CST 2014

I have attached two pcap traces, the file Asterisk 12 to Asterisk 12 is what happens when two Asterisk 12 servers configured as a SIP trunk call each other. At both ends in the pjsip.conf the 100rel field is set to required, you can see from the trace that the Calling server sets the 100rel Require header but the Called Server does not set this in the 180 ringing response and therefore no PRACK is sent.

The second trace Asterisk 12 to PJSUA is one of the Asterisk 12 servers with the same configuration talking to a server running PJSUA (command line PJSIP). On this trace you can see that PJSUA sets the 100rel Require in the 180 ringing response and therefore the Asterisk 12 server sends a PRACK message, This call does not complete as I have to manually enter commands on PJSUA and once I send a 180 I cannot then send a 200 OK.

It seems therefore that Asterisk 12 is operating correctly when making calls with 100rel but is not responding correctly on incoming calls.