[asterisk-users] OPTIONS Request without username <-> Forbidden

Rusty Newton rnewton at digium.com
Fri Jun 27 14:28:54 CDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Rafael Visser <visser.rafael at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi gurus!!!
>
> I have a Freepbx with Asterisk 1.8.25.0 with a sip trunk on the pstn
> Every minute asterisk sends an OPTION Request, i beleived that it's related
> to qualify functions.
> The every minute annoyng answer of the pstn is "403 Forbidden".
> Some people told that asterisk is not sending the username in the OPTION,
> required by the pstn.

> Is it wright?
> How can i instruct FREEPBX to send the username in the option request?

It may be worth asking on the FreePBX forums at
http://community.freepbx.org/ as the Asterisk users who use FreePBX
are generally monitoring that community. Many people here won't be
able to answer your question *within the context* of FreePBX
configuration.

Your question is also not clear. You should ask the provider
specifically which header and where in what URI they want to see the
"username" in.

If this wasn't FreePBX I'd tell you to just try setting the callerid
and fromuser options for the corresponding SIP peer.  I don't want to
pretend to know FreePBX, so I still recommend you go ask on their
forum to get better assistance.

Good luck!

--
Rusty Newton
Digium, Inc. | Community Support Manager