[asterisk-users] Asterisk and LDAP

Linus Lüssing linus.luessing at web.de
Fri Jun 20 08:05:52 CDT 2014

Hi Patrick,

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 02:46:06PM +0200, Patrick Laimbock wrote:
> IIRC the recommendation in the latest Asterisk book is to use only a-z,
> numerics (0-9) and underscore. So if you have [tux at chaotikum.org] in
> sip.conf then that might not work because of the '@'.

I don't have the user "[tux]" or [tux at chaotikum.org] in my sip.conf.
I wanted to try having it just through LDAP so that I wouldn't
need to add/duplicate every user in LDAP to sip.conf.

> You can easily test this by adding a peer [test_1234] (so with the
> recommended syntax) and add it to your LDAP server with a password and then
> check if it registers.

having "[test_phone_120d]" in my sip.conf works fine. Ah wait - do
I need to have a user both in LDAP and sip.conf and the only
thing LDAP can do for me is the authentication/password checking?

> HTH,
> Patrick

Cheers, Linus