[asterisk-users] Asterisk and LDAP

Patrick Laimbock patrick at laimbock.com
Fri Jun 20 07:46:06 CDT 2014

On 18-06-14 23:06, Linus Lüssing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get Asterisk running with LDAP to be able to
> authenticate sip user registrations. I'm using Asterisk
> (1.8.13.1~dfsg1-3+deb7u3) on a Debian server.
>
> Unfortunately I wasn't successful so far.
>
> My res_ldap.conf looks like this (so pretty minimal):
> ---
> [_general]
> ;url=ldaps://ldap.chaotikum.org
> url=ldap://ldap.chaotikum.org
> protocol=3
> basedn=dc=chaotikum,dc=org
>
> [sip]
> name = uid

IIRC the recommendation in the latest Asterisk book is to use only a-z,
numerics (0-9) and underscore. So if you have [tux at chaotikum.org] in
sip.conf then that might not work because of the '@'.

You can easily test this by adding a peer [test_1234] (so with the
recommended syntax) and add it to your LDAP server with a password and
then check if it registers.

HTH,
Patrick