[asterisk-users] Problem reload queue dynamical members

Josh Metzger joshdmetzger at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 08:14:25 CDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 9:03 AM, Eduardo Leones <eduardo at ypytecnologia.com.br
> wrote:

> Guys, I have a problem. I have a queue on asterisk 1.8 that members are
> added dynamically via the AMI QueueAdd. When you run the CLI a
> "reload app_queue.so" all members who were in the queue disappear. This is
> a bug or some parameter that I do not know?
>
> Would have another way to do the reload queue without any risk to members
> who are already in it?

It depends on which exact version of 1.8 you're running, but this appears
to be a bug that was fixed in April of this year.  From the changelog for
1.8:

	* apps/app_queue.c: app_queue: Fix a bug where realtime members
	  would be deleted during reload causing waiting callers to get
	  ejected. This patch causes realtime queue members to remain in
	  queues during the reload process. Previously these members would
	  be removed causing any waiting callers to be ejected from the
	  queue with a reason of "EXITEMPTY". ASTERISK-23547 #close
	  ASTERISK-23547 #comment Patch
	  app_queue_fix_realtime_reload_1.8_trunk.patch submitted by Italo
	  Rossi (license 6409) Review:
	  https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/3404/

-Josh